Creating a Plan
When you take on a big project, you need to come up with a plan. By filling out a planning sheet, you can think through all parts of a project. This planning sheet helped a student create a short video about the U.S. Westward Expansion during the 1800s. (Once you complete a planning sheet, you can use it to create a quick rubric for evaluating your project.)
Your Turn Create your own planning sheet for a project that you need to complete. Download the blank planning sheet at the bottom of this minilesson. Fill it out step by step.
- Goal: In one or two sentences, tell what your project is supposed to do and why.
- Objectives: Answer each of the 5 W's and H questions about the project: Who? What? Where? When? Why? and How?
- Tasks: List in order the tasks that you need to do to complete the project.
- Time: For each task, list a time when you want that task to be completed.
- Team: Write down who will do what tasks.
- Tools: List the equipment, materials, information, and resources you will use.
Creating a Plan by Thoughtful Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at admiralxc77.info/minilesson/creating-plan.